Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thank you

What a day I have had!

One very unhelpful clerk felt it necessary to tell me her adoption horror story.

Apparently no one in the entire state of NY has ever asked for a state police clearance document. Ever.

And by the time I left the bank today I think the truly patient, sweet notary/teller was doing all she could to keep from poking me in the eye. (Three tries to get everything right!)

Tim left for six days on a business trip this morning.

I had unexpected company at supper time.

And...(drum roll please)

... the dryer broke down.

So that is why I came over here. Not to vent. (But, thank you, it does help.) Not to complain. Not to bring you all down.

I came over here to thank all of you.

I came over here to read all of your comments again.

To remind myself that we are totally covered in, surrounded by, and propped up on your prayers.

I am so grateful for all the encouragement and the kind words. I can’t begin to say what a refuge you all are to me already.

Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully today will be much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard from many adoptive families that things get extremely tough once you say "Yes!" and begin the adoption.

    I'll be praying for Duncan and your family - before you know it, he'll be home with HIS family eating some delicious home grown/raised food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh--we are also in the process of adopting, and it sounds so familiar! We have had a major plumbing repair, car trouble, and of course in the middle of difficulty, our dryer broke too! (And our washer, within the same week...) Fight the good fight. May God bless "Duncan" and your whole family for stepping out in obediance. :)

    ReplyDelete