Friday, August 17, 2012

No decision

I know many of you, myself included, have been anxiously anticipating a decision from Duncan as to whether or not he he wants to be adopted.  As I have mentioned multiple times in this blog, this is a difficult and gut wrenching decision for him and one that will affect the rest of his life.  I know he has been thinking about it, wrestling with it, and I am sure it weighs heavy on his mind.

Our visit with him today was relaxed and fun.  We talked about a variety of subjects as we continue to get to know each other better, building trust through familiarity.  He has told the interpreter several times that he likes us and his willingness to share more shows it.  But something is holding him back from taking that final step and making the commitment.  We had hoped it would come today, but he said he wasn't ready and asked if we could come back. What could we say? 

So, we are headed back tomorrow for another 2 hour visit with another interpreter.  Perhaps a slight shift in the routine will yield a different result.  I can't even begin to list all the emotions and feelings that are  running through my mind.  When we left the orphanage today I was upset, not with him but with a system and a situation that forces one so young to make such a decision.  My heart aches for him and his struggle.  We so desperately want him to say "yes" but it is not our decision. 

It is a challenge but we are holding firm to the One that brought us here in the first place.  Only He knows what will happen and why, we just have to trust, which at times is easier said than done.  Continue to pray for Duncan but we also humbly ask that you lift us up as well as we journey along side him.


  1. Thank you for the updates, I have been praying and asking everyone I know to pray. I can't imagine the gammut of emotions everyone is experiencing right now, and I will continue praying for God's peace to surround everyone.

  2. I shall pray for all of you. My heart goes out to you. xx

  3. Prayers are with you and Duncan as he makes this most important decision. Hoping God grants him the wisdom to do what is the best choice for him. Peace to all of you as you go forward. ~Vonnie

  4. Just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you and for him!

  5. Tim,
    Please give Cathy a huge hug from me.
    Please give Tim a huge hug from me, too.
    I have tears in my eyes from reading the last few posts. I am thinking and praying for Duncan and you both.

  6. Dear God,
    I pray that "Duncan"'s parents palpably feel Your Presence as they wait this weekend...I ask that You continue to provide them with a peace that passes understanding. I pray for Duncan as he makes this decision....Jesus, I ask that he only hears THE Voice of Truth, that his heart is untouched by the lies and influences of his peers. I ask that, he, too is filled with peace this weekend. Please show him how loved he is by his Lord and by these people who came so far to rescue him. Thank you, Lord, for bringing them thus far. I know You have an amazing plan for Duncan and his family...

    In Your Precious Name,